At World Nomads, their travel insurance allows you to participate in a range of volunteer activities and vacations, from summer teaching programs to clean water projects. Whatever the cause, World Nomads are strong supporters of paying it forward and giving back — and what better way to strengthen communities, forge meaningful connections and open your eyes (and arms and hearts) than contributing to a worthy purpose?
Want to step out into the world and volunteer your time? World Nomads plans can provide cover for:
- Trip cancellation
- Trip interruption
- Emergency medical care
- Emergency evacuation
- Baggage delay
- Theft of baggage and personal belongings
At World Nomads, they do our best to support volunteers, whether it’s protecting endangered turtle hatching grounds or teaching school children in a faraway village.
Volunteer activities our Standard plan may cover include:
- Hospitality or work at bars
- Farming such as fruit picking, WWOOFing or other manual labor
- Wildlife or animal care
- Environmental or conservation work
- Au pair, nanny or other volunteer childcare
- Retail work such as shop assistant or store manager role
- Office or clerical work
Volunteer activities our Explorer plan may cover include:
- Undertakings in construction or renovation projects, including painting, using power tools, operating machinery or roadwork
- NGO support and disaster relief
- Medical and health care work (health education, medical services, medical practitioner)
What’s not covered?
As a global citizen contributing to good causes, we can only assume that you’ll act responsibly and within your limits. But just to be clear, World Nomads won’t cover any incidents related to:
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Reckless behavior
- Criminal or illegal acts
- Changing your mind
- Pre-existing conditions
- Exposure to hazardous biological, chemical and nuclear radioacive material, gas or contamination
This is only a summary of cover and does not include the full terms and conditions of the policy. You should read your policy wording in full so you understand what is and isn’t covered.
World Nomads is supported by various underwriters throughout the world depending on your country of residence.